JANE MARIE CLAUS – ATTORNEY AT LAW
Experienced Trial Attorney – Serving the Community Since 1990
- All Crimes
- All Oregon Courts
- DUII, Traffic Crimes & DMV Hearings
- Drug Cases / Marijuana Offenses
- Sexual Offenses & Kidnapping
- Measure 11 Crimes / Robbery & Assaults
- Capital Murder
- Murder & Manslaughter
- Death Penalty Defense
- Burglary, Theft & White Collar Crimes
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Juvenile Measure 11 Crimes
- Civil Forfeitures
- Probation & Parole Violations
- Restraining Order Hearings (FAPA) & Violations
Payment Plans Available
What if I am stopped or questioned by the police?
- If you are the suspect in a criminal investigation or if you are stopped and questioned by the police regarding criminal activity REMEMBER YOU DO NOT HAVE TO MAKE A STATEMENT TO THE POLICE.
- The police DO NOT HAVE TO READ YOU MIRANDA RIGHTS unless you are in police custody AND you are being interrogated. The police WILL USE any incriminating statements you make against you in a criminal prosecution. It is BEST IF YOU SAY NOTHING AT ALL to the police.
- Protect yourself and your loved ones. Remember the following words and invoke your rights if contacted by the police.
- “I HEREBY ASSERT MY FIFTH AMENDMENT RIGHT NOT TO INCRIMINATE MYSELF; I DEMAND THAT MY ATTORNEY BE PRESENT AT ANY FURTHER QUESTIONING. PLEASE ASK ME NO FURTHER QUESTIONS UNTIL MY ATTORNEY IS HERE. I REFUSE TO CONSENT TO ANY SEARCHES OF MY PERSON, MY PREMISES OR MY VEHICLES.”
My goal is to obtain the best resolution possible for you on your criminal case and to zealously defend you.
- I will fight to keep you out of jail or prison
- I will contest the charges by motion and/or trial
- If appropriate I will work out a dismissal, civil compromise or a positive plea agreement on your case
- I will give you frank, honest and practical legal advice
All inquiries to my office are confidential.